Montag, 13. November 2017
Montag, 13. März 2017
OK, the e_winter sleep is over.
I am trying a new DC to DC converter from MEAN WELL.
It is the HLG-600H-24A. 24 volts & 25 amps. IP65
I have seen it in Nick Smiths videos from Auckland, New Zealand. He never spoke a lot about it but I was looking for something better. Here you can find his videos:
First I connected my heated wire windshield (6 amps). It is 24 volt, this is why I keep the rest on 24.
Works pretty fine.
Now I run the whole 24 volt car system on the new converter.
When all the consumers are running (Including the hazard warning light.) I'm exactly on 24A.
Samstag, 27. August 2016
Samstag, 9. April 2016
Sonntag, 13. März 2016
I had or have a serious shoulder injury.
So I was a bit out of the game. But now it goes on again.
Next I will install a NG9 charger from Zivan (52A). It fits almost perfectly.
That's nice, but in the engine room I need to protect it from the weather..
Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2015
Freitag, 21. August 2015
Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015
Sonntag, 17. Mai 2015
First I tried a 39 cell frame version. But it was a bit too big and had to be installed with a little angle. I slept a night over it and thought it was stupid.)
I had to cut the frame down to a 36 cell version.
Then I had to build ten completely different holding struts.
Freitag, 1. Mai 2015
Donnerstag, 16. April 2015
Today I had to remove the motor again.
Which was not to funny..
The reason was an opening clutch but not opening (Thai-style).
Ok. The clutch is opening but the motor was looked to the gear shaft. What can that be...?!
I remembered that I found it not so intelligent, not to have a drawn or whatsoever profile in the bronze bushing for the lubrication. Even I do not know if it is bronze.
So my guess was pretty soon, the bushing is blocked.
Luckily I had a pilot bearing, an open machine shop around and enough room in the motor adapter. (and 30.-€ cash.)
It was pretty much a nightmare to bring everything together again, BUT twelve hours later it was done.
Everything is together again, installed and clutching.)
Dienstag, 10. März 2015
I decided to do a complete new motor-gearbox mounting to the frame.
It is a little bit complicated to find the "exact" position with a flying piece at about 200 kg and no real references in all three dimensions. But this is a homemade problem so I have to fix it.
Clutch housing mount passenger side was not right.
The clutch housing at the driver side had to be adapted.
Montag, 2. Februar 2015
Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014
Dienstag, 10. Juni 2014
Believe it or not. The parts are "ready"
Everything comes together very nice, but the missing dowel pins...
They also forgot them on the flywheel.
Also the adapter plate is not in the size of the bell housing.
But we are coming closer.
Today I will bring it back to them and we will see what will happen..
Dienstag, 3. Juni 2014
Mittwoch, 5. März 2014
How to double the spring pressure in a WarP9
It's long, it's tough. it's boring....but I had to figure out how to do it.
And all the failures show how it does not work.
Montag, 3. März 2014
Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014
Montag, 6. Januar 2014
Montag, 6. Mai 2013
Freitag, 1. März 2013
I thought I could do a quick change on the gearbox input shaft.
I was wrong but in the end it is done.
Changing from a 21 to a 10 spline shaft.
The 17 open bearing rollers hold with some grease inside the shaft.
It is the right decision to use my accumulated FJ40, BJ40 and HJ45 parts assortment from 1978-84 in this project.
But nothing fits straight together.
It is so much easier to convert just a driving car.